Marvin Chambers, MBA – Founder & Principal
Mr. Chambers is a seasoned Human Capital Consultant and Organization Development Practitioner with more than 20 years of executive-level experience. He has worked as an Organization Development Consultant and Senior HR General Manager/Executive with expertise in multiple diverse industries at a senior executive level.
What makes Marvin stand apart from other consultants who exist in the same arena?
Four unique skills that have been developed over his vast career, make him a highly sought after and desirable leader and mentor:
- His core professional belief is simple: he truly cares. When working on a project, he works with a heightened sense of empathy ensuring that every person in the value chain is a winner. People – not the end game are what create the foundation of any successful strategy.
- Consulting in multiple industries allows a very rare flexibility to Marvin’s problem solving approach and consultative leadership. The experience gained working with diverse companies, personalities, strategies, and solutions brings a fresh point of view and perspective to any client and company worked with.
- He has a talent to motivate leadership in delivering more from them than initially intended, benefiting the whole team and organization to realize its full potential. Marvin’s success has been built on knowing how to respectfully push a corporate culture while at the same time, respecting the culture to a win-win situation for all involved.
- He has the expertise to go from “thought to finish” with any people process or program he develops. Marvin is hands on and has the ability to conceive, concept, fulfill and execute any program he has developed for a company. Marvin can trouble shoot and adjust for success during any phase of planning, fulfillment and execution because he has been hands on and worked in all aspects of these disciplines.
- Leadership Development
- Employee relations and engagement
- Culture and change management
- Performance management
- Talent management
- Staffing and deployment
- Organizational effectiveness
- Communication management
Practical application of core capabilities:
- Steering organizations through periods of accelerated change
- Taking organizations to the next level of performance
- Developing powerful business strategies and aligning programs
- Developing and building successful business processes/HR functions
- Deliver best-in-class standards of productivity, efficiency, and quality
- Information technology
- Energy and utility
- Consumer products
- Financial services
- Professional services
- Specialty chemical
Marvin holds a B.B.A. from James Madison University with specialization in Finance and an M.B.A. from The George Washington University in Human Resources Management.
He is certified in the emerging Appreciative Inquiry Change Management Methodology, the Hogan Leadership Assessment Tools and Coaching Methodology, the Personnel Decisions International 360 Feedback and Coaching Process, and the Development Dimensions International Performance Management Process. He is also a certified Strategic Partner for Profiles International, a leader in employee assessments and performance management solutions.
Passions and Interests
Marvin is much more than just a business consultant. He is a leader in his family and community, serving as a youth coach in three different sports and active involvement in local civic / service activities. He enjoys traveling, spending time with his family, and go cart racing.